Begin Your Breast Reconstruction Journey
Women who have undergone mastectomy may be unhappy with the shape, size, and appearance of their breasts. Breast reconstruction is a surgical procedure that restores the breasts to a more natural-looking and pleasing aesthetic utilizing various advanced techniques. Patients who seek breast reconstruction at Scultura Plastic Surgery can experience a reduction in the physical and emotional effects of a partial or full mastectomy and feel more confident in their bustline. Deciding to undergo this procedure is a highly personal choice, and we are happy to provide the necessary information to help patients achieve their objectives.
Here, You’re Family
Scultura Plastic Surgery is a boutique plastic surgery practice run by Dr. Strawn and his team of specialists. The personal nature of breast reconstruction makes it essential to foster a trusting relationship with your surgeon and patient coordinator. We ensure that each of our patients receives a customized surgical plan that reflects their needs.
Our compassionate patient coordinator, Sheena, will help you throughout your entire breast reconstruction surgery process. Sheena will pay particular attention to your unique and personal concerns and will do everything possible to give you the best surgical experience.
At Scultura Plastic Surgery, Dr. Strawn and Sheena are only a phone call away and can help answer your questions at any time. We do not limit our availability to standard office hours so that our patients can reach us to communicate all of their concerns.
Reasons for Breast Reconstruction Surgery
Restore the Breasts
Whether you suffer from breast asymmetry, loss of the nipple-areolar complex, or a genetic deformity, breast reconstruction can recreate the bustline you desire. At Scultura Plastic Surgery, we can revitalize the size and shape of your breasts.
While overcoming disease is a significant triumph, women who undergo a mastectomy often feel a loss of femininity after the procedure. Those who have lived with a congenital condition that distorts the breasts may also feel less feminine. Breast reconstruction can restore a woman’s femininity and reestablish her sense of wholeness by utilizing the most modern reconstructive techniques.
Each breast reconstruction procedure is tailored to the needs and cosmetic goals of the patient to ensure that the results are beautiful and natural looking. Attention to detail is of paramount importance so that we deliver optimal breast reconstruction results.
Many women with breast imperfections that result from disease or cancer treatment experience diminished or damaged self-esteem. Fortunately, we can help improve your self-esteem by performing breast reconstruction surgery.
Choosing Dr. Strawn
The women who visit Scultura Plastic Surgery are looking for a change—in their bodies and in their quality of care.
Your Breast Reconstruction Procedure
During a personal consultation, you will have an opportunity to meet with Dr. Strawn and discuss your medical history, surgical techniques, and your expectations of the procedure. He will also answer any of your questions and concerns to help make your breast reconstruction journey more comfortable and relaxed.
- This procedure involves removing the tissue that is affected by breast cancer
- Some high-risk patients may opt for this procedure as a preventative measure
- Breast reconstruction may or may not be performed at the same time as mastectomy
- Patients who are still undergoing cancer treatment may need to delay their breast reconstruction until after their mastectomy
Expander and Implant Reconstruction
- A tissue expander is placed into the breast pocket to stretch the tissue in preparation for an implant
- It takes several weeks to several months of slowly filling the expander with sterile saline to open the breast pocket to the desired size
- After the tissue has stretched sufficiently, the expander is replaced with an implant
Tissue Flap Reconstruction
- Tissue is removed from one part of the body (back, thigh, or abdomen) and used to reconstruct the breast
- Enough tissue must be harvested to cover a breast implant
- Dr. Strawn utilizes various nipple reconstruction techniques
- All options will be discussed thoroughly during the initial consultation